+-+From+left+to+right%2C+our+National+Merit+Scholars%3A+Andy+Donovan%2C+David+Perez-Cruet%2C+and+Jonathan+Paroly.

– From left to right, our National Merit Scholars: Andy Donovan, David Perez-Cruet, and Jonathan Paroly.

U of D’s National Merit Scholars 2020-2021

June 1, 2021

Every year over one and a half million students from around the country participate in the National Merit Scholarship program. Out of 1.5 million students, around the top 50,000 students are recognized by the program. This year roughly 34,000 of those 50,000 students were National Merit Commended “in recognition of their outstanding academic promise.” We are proud to say that three of our fellow cubs received this distinction: Andrew Donovan, David Perez-Cruet, and Jonathan Paroly. When asked to comment about his achievement, David mentioned how he did not expect to win but was delighted nonetheless to represent U of D on the national level. Mr. Cruet is now moving on from The High to Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he will be attending none other than Harvard University this coming fall. 

Jonathan Paroly, or Jack, as most people call him, was best remembered as being the former Secretary here at U of D; his legacy continues as a National Merit Scholar. Jack is a phenomenal student, and his studies are taking him to the University of Michigan next year, where he wants to obtain a degree in either Economics or Business. Andrew Donovan is the third cub to receive the distinction of a National Merit Award. He will be taking his academic pursuits to South Bend in the coming school year, as he attends the University of Notre Dame. The pursuit of excellence is a fundamental part of what it means to be a Cub; there is no better testament to this than the achievements of these three, who strove to do their best every day, not so they could win a particular award, but rather because being a Man for Others is what U of D is all about. 

Cub News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Cub News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *